First Marketing Post - About Me

    Hi! My name is Serenity and welcome to my marketing blog! I was born and raised in San Clemente, CA and moved out to Oregon in November 2021. I live on my own now, which is a completely different world than what I grew up in. I have three brothers, my parents, and two Shepards. Life is a lot more quiet now, but I always look forward to visiting family. We are travelers and as I've grown up I've learned that it's an expensive hobby to have, but worth it. I always say "Money returns, time and memories don't".

                                               
  "The Fam" New Orleans, USA

    Throughout high school I went to class, went to dance, did my homework, then went to bed and repeated the cycle all over again. I danced a lot. By a lot I mean 6 hours a day after school, sometimes 10 hours on weekends or before shows. Once I turned sixteen I was hired as a teacher, then hired as a front desk associate, and now I am the Marketing Director. I love my job and plan for this to be my life career. 

    I chose to go to Linn Benton because (1) it's a lot cheaper, and (2) I can build my class schedule around work to not overwhelm myself. My goal is to graduate from LBCC in Business Administration and transfer to another school to get my bachelors in Marketing. What draws me to marketing is the creativity of it. You never know what kinds of projects you will work on. 

    I work for a dance studio, and I love it because I am a dancer too. I know the ins and outs of the dance world and I know how to reel clients in. What I look forward to in college is learning how to marketing for a variety of things; not just dance. I am not sure yet if I want to work for a larger company or work for myself as an independent contractor. Either way, I have a couple years to think about it till I graduate. 

    Besides work, I keep myself entertained by going on walks, going to the gym, watching shows/movies, and traveling of course. I want to find more of an artistic hobby, I just haven't figured out what I like to do yet. For now I'm focused on work, school, and keeping myself healthy. I haven't figured life out at all yet and don't think I ever will (not in a bad way). Life is so exciting because it really has no purpose... just live it doing what you like and being with who you love. I have my goals for my career, I have my friends and healthy relationships, but you never know what could happen. 

I'm excited to see where I am 5 years from now. Now I have this blog post to read and remind me of how much I've grown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skims - Comfy & Cute

Nostalgia - The Best Marketing Tactic